Sunday, January 9, 2011

Favorite winter lip products


 I normally have dry lips, but the cold weather really takes a toll on them. My current routine for lip care includes, brushing away dead skin with my tooth brush, after I've done in the shower which really does the job, or using a lip scrub- usually one from LUSH. I apply tons of lip balm during the day if I am not wearing lipstick. I really do hate wearing any lip balm under lipstick because it gives the color a lustre finish, which I don't much like. Prior to putting on any lipstick, I apply a lip plumper lip gloss and wipe it off after a few minutes and then apply lip color.

At night, I apply either or these two as I have found they really keep my lips moisturized through the night.

Not too sure why my pics are coming up sideways. Anyhow, Smith's lip balm in Minted Rose is amazing. When I have this on, I am constantly rubbing my lips together to feel the smooth texture. It can feel a bit oily but generally, its quite lovely.

Korres, Plum Lip Butter is a deep plum tinted balm that you can wear out but it wears away easily if you are eating or drinking, and leaves nasty marks on everything that touches your lips. I choose to wear it at night despite the consequence of leaving prints on my pillow because my lips feel amazing in the morning. It might look strange going to bed with a full colored pout but to me, it's worth it.

Another worthy mention, any Burts Bee lip products!

No comments:

Post a Comment